Now that my due date is fast approaching I've been hearing a lot of theories or myths about what happens as a "signal" that you are going into labor. Thus far none of them has panned out for me (obviously!), but I thought I'd share and invite everyone else to add comments with myths they've heard...
1. If the baby is more active than usual, it means you are about to go into labor.
~this happened to me last week when I swear the baby didn't stop moving for 18 hours straight, but no labor~
2. The nesting theory: You have a spurt of energy to do household chores to get things settled for the baby shortly before you go into labor.
~I was hopeful when I woke up with tons of energy yesterday that lasted me through dusting multiple rooms, planting seeds indoors to transplant after the last frost, making fresh salsa, cooking dinner, and knitting another baby hat, but no such luck!~
3. That you get a really good night's sleep the day before going into labor
~I slept for about 5 hours straight Tuesday-Wednesday (which hasn't happened in months), but no labor!~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment